Employment Type: Permanent, full-time
Location: Bristol, some travel
Reporting to: Director of Customer Engineering and Applications
Date: December 2018
We are looking for technically exceptional, flexible and enthusiastic Applications Engineers to join our growing world class team. This role is based in our UK office, but there will be the need for travel to support our increasing worldwide customer-base.
About the Role:
Blu Wireless Technology develops cutting-edge wireless Gbps technology, based on the 802.11ad mmWave standard. With the initial core technology developed and demonstrated, we are now moving forward to take this through into production with our growing customer base. We are looking for a capable and enthusiastic Applications Engineer to support our internal product development teams and external customers.
- Develop expertise in the use of our technology and development platforms; sharing this expertise verbally and in written form
- Contribute to product trials and deployments in various field environments, both locally and with customers around the world: HW deployment, system configuration, first-level debug, issue reporting
- Support customers using our technology and development platforms
- Trouble shoot customer problems using a variety of communication methods including face to face support, telephone support, remote access and e-mail
- Undertake root cause analysis of customer issues, being able to re-produce bugs and follow the correct procedure for documenting them in order to get to escalate to the product and development teams
- Production and delivery of customer training and application notes to explain how to use our systems and any respond to issues found
- Proactively maintain up-to-date understanding of all Blu Wireless technologies and the products involved.
- Willing and able to travel at short notice
- Ability to nurture a good and sustainable relationship with customer in the interest of providing superior support experience
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines.
- 2+ years of experience in a relevant technical environment
- Excellent technical problem-solving aptitude
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of setting up Mobile, Backhaul or IP networks in WAN and LAN environments
- Knowledge of third-party products associated with WAN, LAN, and WiFi deployments
- Experience of direct customer contact
- Good Knowledge of Radio (Wireless fixed access experience preferable)
- Experience of system deployment and associated issues
- Experience of setting up and testing radio systems and integration of Product into operating environments
- Knowledge and experience of providing product training to customers
- Able to demonstrate good problem-solving skills within role
- Embedded C programming, Python and Linux Systems knowledge
- Experience of Linux Operating environments, support and installation
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers
- Able to work under pressure, to tight timescales.
- Pro-active approach, able to work on own initiative but aware of when to seek advice, and to work cross-functionally within the organisation
- Demonstrable experience of working as a team player
More About Us
Blu Wireless Technology is disrupting the market with wireless of fibre level performance that is economically smart and reliable! With a strong history in WiGig (IEEE 802.11ad), but identifying the gap in the market, Blu Wireless also provides 5G solutions in the copious unlicensed millimetre wave (mmWave) spectrum band.
Delivering its intelligent System IP to licensees is at its core, but Blu Wireless has much more to offer – with expertise in everything from chip design to module and board design. The Blu Wireless team have engineered a managed approach to the technical challenges faced in mmWave carrier-grade applications such as combatting interference and enabling seamless co-existence.
Trusted partners of the world’s biggest names in telecoms, Blu Wireless works together with their customers to provide complete design, testing, and validation, serving emerging markets in high-speed transport and broadband.
Based in Bristol, reflecting the city’s friendly atmosphere and proud industrial heritage, Blu Wireless has become the leading vendor in this space. Now with a team of eighty employees and a newly opened office in India, Blu Wireless Technology is enabling a new era of gigabit connectivity for all.
We endeavour to respond quickly to all applications so if interested please submit your CV with a short covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make it clear if you require any Visa to work in the UK.