Junior RF Systems Engineer
Employment Type: Permanent, full-time
Closing date: 28th Feb 2019
We are recruiting a Junior RF Systems Engineer to work on the development of our HYDRA multi-gigabit wireless baseband IP.
This role requires an understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of working with RF sub-systems. Experience of working with and characterizing different transceivers would be advantageous.
An ideal candidate will have an appropriate academic background in the field.
Desired skills include:
- RF transceiver test and performance evaluation
- Working in a Lab with Test equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, spectrum analyser, VNA)
- Scripting of automated measurements, acquisition, post-processing and analysis of data
- Working with RF specs and datasheets
- Measuring RF impairments such as: Phase Noise, Jitter, IQ mismatch, DC offset, PA non-linearity
- RF systems integration and test
- Working closely within a wider engineering team
Working Knowledge of:
- Matlab, C/C++, and/or Python
- Linux environment and shell-scripting
- < 2 years
• MSc degree in relevant subject
More About Us
We are a friendly and welcoming team located in the heart of Bristol, offering a competitive salary and equity scheme, in addition to lifestyle benefits. We are rapidly becoming a leading supplier of multi-gigabit baseband System IP to the emerging multi-billion-dollar 4G back-haul and gigabit Wi-Fi market.
Exploiting Bristol’s long heritage in parallel computing and consumer electronics technology, we have developed our powerful HYDRA baseband architecture that provides significant cost, power and performance advantages over competing solutions. This highly optimal, but flexible, architecture provides our customers with access to dynamic DSP algorithms for SC-FDE, OFDM and beam-tracking so achieving world class performance in mmWave data communication.
We endeavour to respond quickly to all applications so if interested please submit your CV with a short covering note to email@example.com. Please make it clear if you require any Visa to work in the UK.