Network Software Architect
Employment Type: Permanent, full-time
Location: Bristol, UK
Working with the software development team designing software-based network solutions for mmWave wireless technologies for use in Fixed Access and Transport applications. Will lead efforts with Engineering, Operations, Business Development to design efficient, cost-effective networking solutions to define technology prototypes, proof of concept projects and execute them successfully.
This also involves working in layers 2-4 of the protocol stack, analysing requirements and developing technology, as well as performing network modelling, analysis, planning. Perform architecture recommendations, improvements and contributions, including convergence, Multi path TCP/UDP, 5G, SDN and NFV.
- Architect with SDN experience as well as a deep understanding of Linux based network software and virtualization technologies.
- Intimately familiar with Linux Kernel developments, tuning and programming embedded device drivers’ concepts and implementation.
- SDN Orchestration, Containers, ONOS (or similar), NETCONF, and YANG.
- Would have worked on Infrastructure projects including Router, Gateway and Switch infrastructure.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Several years of experience working with SDN or related software defined networking
- Detailed knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 protocols
- Skilled in high-level programming (e.g. C)
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Deep Linux knowledge
- Field trial experience
- Clean Driving license
- Wireless experience
More About Us
Blu Wireless Technology is disrupting the market with wireless of fibre level performance that is economically smart and reliable! With a strong history in WiGig (IEEE 802.11ad), but identifying the gap in the market, Blu Wireless also provides 5G solutions in the copious unlicensed millimetre wave (mmWave) spectrum band.
Delivering its intelligent System IP to licensees is at its core, but Blu Wireless has much more to offer – with expertise in everything from chip design to module and board design. The Blu Wireless team have engineered a managed approach to the technical challenges faced in mmWave carrier-grade applications such as combatting interference and enabling seamless co-existence.
Trusted partners of the world’s biggest names in telecoms, Blu Wireless works together with their customers to provide complete design, testing, and validation, serving emerging markets in high-speed transport and broadband.
Based in Bristol, reflecting the city’s friendly atmosphere and proud industrial heritage, Blu Wireless has become the leading vendor in this space. Now with a team of eighty employees and a newly opened office in India, Blu Wireless Technology is enabling a new era of gigabit connectivity for all.
We endeavour to respond quickly to all applications so if interested please submit your CV with a short covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make it clear if you require any Visa to work in the UK.