Principal System Test Engineer
Employment Type: Permanent, full-time
Reporting to: Director of Systems and Platforms
Date: December 2018
About the Role:
Blu Wireless Technology develops cutting-edge wireless Gbps technology, based on the IEEE 802.11ad mmWave standard. As we grow, we are delivering to customers who are taking our technology as systems products and will be deploying solutions involving a network of nodes, both for fixed and mobile applications. We need to undertake system testing of these products, to ensure we understand system performance, and that our software works under deployment conditions.
This role will be responsible for understanding our technology, from silicon, MAC and PHY layer behaviour, through to RF, and building our system test capability so that we can fully exercise our products and reproduce real-world scenarios, ahead of release. In order to do so, you will be liaising across the organisation with the Engineering team, Customer Support, customers and partners as appropriate.
What will I be accountable for?
- Develop the capability to test our solutions at System level, through a combination of commercially available test equipment, in-house test equipment and software
- Undertake testing using this infrastructure, both in the lab and at selected outdoor trial sites
- Understand customer deployment scenarios, and develop tests to replicate these under controlled conditions to provide a structured and reproducible test facility
- Testing of new features and regressions in system behaviour with new hardware and software release
- Identifying feature enhancement, and bugs, as required, and accurately recording them
- Assist with replication of customer affecting issues.
- Assist with the setup and execution of Type Approval Testing (RF, EMC and Safety).
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s, Masters or Ph.D. in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines and 8+ years in a relevant technical field or demonstrated equivalent work experience
- Experience with testing of complex Hardware and Software platforms, including Radio (antenna array system experience preferred)
- Knowledge and understanding of setting up Mobile, Backhaul or IP networks in WAN, LAN or WLAN environments
- Knowledge of third-party products associated with WAN, LAN, and WLAN deployments
- Good Knowledge of Radio Systems (Wireless fixed access experience preferable)
- Working knowledge of Linux Embedded Systems
- Manual test & Automation experience preferred
- Desirable: experience of radio system deployment and associated issues
- Desirable: experience of setting up and testing radio systems and integration of Product into operating environments
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers
- Self-starter, able to work with add value with minimal guidance, building a new capability but working within an overall vision
- Demonstrable experience of working as a team player, sharing updates and liaising closely with other team members
More About Us
Blu Wireless Technology is disrupting the market with wireless of fibre level performance that is economically smart and reliable! With a strong history in WiGig (IEEE 802.11ad), but identifying the gap in the market, Blu Wireless also provides 5G solutions in the copious unlicensed millimetre wave (mmWave) spectrum band.
Delivering its intelligent System IP to licensees is at its core, but Blu Wireless has much more to offer – with expertise in everything from chip design to module and board design. The Blu Wireless team have engineered a managed approach to the technical challenges faced in mmWave carrier-grade applications such as combatting interference and enabling seamless co-existence.
Trusted partners of the world’s biggest names in telecoms, Blu Wireless works together with their customers to provide complete design, testing, and validation, serving emerging markets in high-speed transport and broadband.
Based in Bristol, reflecting the city’s friendly atmosphere and proud industrial heritage, Blu Wireless has become the leading vendor in this space. Now with a team of eighty employees and a newly opened office in India, Blu Wireless Technology is enabling a new era of gigabit connectivity for all.
We endeavour to respond quickly to all applications so if interested please submit your CV with a short covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make it clear if you require any Visa to work in the UK.