Employment Type: Permanent, full-time
Reporting to: SVP, Software and Systems
Date: December 2018
We are looking for an exceptional, flexible and enthusiastic Project Manager to join our growing world class team.
About the Role:
Successful delivery of our commitments requires the collaboration of a wide variety of engineering professionals in RF, DSP, digital design, system architecture, board design and software development. This role will be responsible for running projects from inception to delivery, liaising with customers and partners, coordinating activities across a multi-disciplinary team, planning and directing the project, monitoring and reporting on progress.
What will I be accountable for?
- Planning, executing and delivering projects according to agreed timelines and budget
- Working with project stakeholders to capture, record and track project requirements
- Defining project objectives, and creating an execution plan, to include resourcing, milestones, dependencies and risks
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting on progress against the plan, identifying issues and risks arising and proposing/planning solutions
- Coordinating cross-team activities and tracking dependencies
- Liaising with other managers to ensure effective and efficient project delivery
- Follow a robust Product Development process to take projects from feasibility to delivery
- Constantly interacting with technical leads and engineering staff within Project team
- Working across the organisation with Executive team, Customer Support, Product Marketing, customers and partners as appropriate
Desired Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s, Masters or Ph.D. and 10+ in relevant technical field or demonstrated equivalent work experience
- Full-time experience in formal project management of complex, multi-disciplinary, multi-national and successful projects, in all phases of the project.
- Ideally, hold a current, formal qualification in project management (Prince2/PMI/APM).
- Strong familiarity with project management software
- Experience in managing relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Good organisational skills, communication skills and problem-solving ability.
- Able to manage, motivate and develop a team effectively
- Able to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- Able to interact effectively and confidentially across a broad range of stakeholders from customers and other external bodies and all internal stakeholders
- Able to make sound decisions based on all information available and the restraints of resource and budget.
- Resourceful, innovative and able to think through problems
- Empowers others to make decisions and provides a supportive framework in which their team or colleagues can be challenged and developed effectively
- Can demonstrate continuous improvement and development of their skills and professional understanding
- Able to demonstrate quality standards through own and others work
More About Us
Blu Wireless Technology is disrupting the market with wireless of fibre level performance that is economically smart and reliable! With a strong history in WiGig (IEEE 802.11ad), but identifying the gap in the market, Blu Wireless also provides 5G solutions in the copious unlicensed millimetre wave (mmWave) spectrum band.
Delivering its intelligent System IP to licensees is at its core, but Blu Wireless has much more to offer – with expertise in everything from chip design to module and board design. The Blu Wireless team have engineered a managed approach to the technical challenges faced in mmWave carrier-grade applications such as combatting interference and enabling seamless co-existence.
Trusted partners of the world’s biggest names in telecoms, Blu Wireless works together with their customers to provide complete design, testing, and validation, serving emerging markets in high-speed transport and broadband.
Based in Bristol, reflecting the city’s friendly atmosphere and proud industrial heritage, Blu Wireless has become the leading vendor in this space. Now with a team of eighty employees and a newly opened office in India, Blu Wireless Technology is enabling a new era of gigabit connectivity for all.
We endeavour to respond quickly to all applications so if interested please submit your CV with a short covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make it clear if you require any Visa to work in the UK.