Senior DSP Engineer
Date: November 2018
We are looking for a technically exceptional, flexible and enthusiastic Senior DSP Engineer to join our growing world class team.
About the Role:
Blu Wireless Technology (BWT) develops cutting-edge wireless Gbps technology, based on the 802.11ad mmWave standard. With the initial core technology developed and demonstrated, we are now moving forward to take this through into production with our growing customer base.
What will I be accountable for?
- Designing Physical layer algorithms and routines for a Digital Modem.
- Investigating alternative implementations of algorithms for an efficient solution.
- Providing Wireless domain knowledge and know-how to the team.
Knowledge & Experience:
- MSc or PhD in Electrical/Electronic/Maths or another relevant subject
- 5+ years’ experience designing DSP solutions for wireless and/or wired products for semiconductor and/or communications products
- Ability to work in a highly motivated commercially driven environment.
- Background in Digital Communications & Signal Processing.
- Sound knowledge of Digital modulation, Information Theory, OFDM, MIMO.
- Good knowledge of WiFi and/or 4G communication standards.
The following skills are desirable and applicants should have experience in some of these techniques:
- Working knowledge of common wireless standards, e.g., LTE, 3G, WiFi, UWB, Zigbee
- PHY layer algorithm design including, filters, synchronisation, carrier recovery, DPLL, AGC, modulation/demodulation, equalisation, FEC.
- Propagation channel modelling.
- Proficient Matlab and C/C++.
- Working knowledge of version control tools, SVN, Mercurial, Git, Perforce
- Familiarity with RTL design and coding in VHDL, Verilog, or SystemC
- Familiar with Python or other scripting language
- Experience working with Linux
More about us
We are a friendly and welcoming team located in the heart of Bristol, offering a competitive salary and equity scheme, in addition to lifestyle benefits. We are rapidly becoming a leading supplier of multi-gigabit baseband System IP to the emerging multi-billion-dollar 4G backhaul and gigabit WiFi market.
Exploiting Bristol’s long heritage in parallel computing and consumer electronics technology, we have developed our powerful HYDRA baseband architecture that provides significant cost, power and performance advantages over competing solutions. This highly optimal, but flexible, architecture provides our customers with access to dynamic DSP algorithms for SC-FDE, OFDM and beam tracking so achieving world class performance in real life mmWave data communication.
We endeavour to respond quickly to all applications so if interested please submit your CV with a short covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make it clear if you require any Visa to work in the UK.