Senior RF Systems Engineer
Employment Type: Permanent, full-time
Closing date: 28th Feb 2019
We are recruiting a Senior RF Systems Architect to work on the development of our HYDRA multi-gigabit wireless baseband IP.
This role demands an understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of working with RF sub-systems in the context of the overall PHY design. Experience of working with and characterizing different transceivers is desirable.
About the Role
A successful applicant will be involved in defining measurement test plans, plan and coordinate laboratory/field trials as required. Processing and statistical analysis of measurement data, leading to the development and/or improvement of simulation blocks on our in-house baseband (PHY) and RF simulation environment.
The applicant will have demonstrable experience in the technical area, working in a commercial environment with aggressive time-scales.
You will be experienced in:
- RF transceiver bring-up, test, and performance evaluation
- Working in a lab with test equipment
- Scripting of automated measurements, acquisition, post-processing and analysis of data
- Working with RF specs and datasheets
- Measuring RF impairments such as: Phase Noise, Jitter, IQ mismatch, DC offset, PA non-linearity
- Development and implementation of baseband/RF processing algorithms to our HYDRA IP solution
- Integration of RF transceiver with other ICs (knowledge of electrical interfaces and related issues)
- Experience with physical layer and RF simulations tools
- RF systems integration and test
- Working closely within a wider engineering team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Working Knowledge of:
- WiFi, 3G/LTE and/or IEEE 802.11ad Physical Layer protocols
- SystemVue, Matlab, C/C++, and Python
- Version control tools, Mercurial, Git
- Millimetre-wave technologies
- Linux environment and shell-scripting
- 5+ years
- MSc or PhD degree in relevant subject
More About Us
We are a friendly and welcoming team located in the heart of Bristol, offering a competitive salary and equity scheme, in addition to lifestyle benefits. We are rapidly becoming a leading supplier of multi-gigabit baseband System IP to the emerging multi-billion-dollar 4G back-haul and gigabit Wi-Fi market.
Exploiting Bristol’s long heritage in parallel computing and consumer electronics technology, we have developed our powerful HYDRA baseband architecture that provides significant cost, power and performance advantages over competing solutions. This highly optimal, but flexible, architecture provides our customers with access to dynamic DSP algorithms for SC-FDE, OFDM and beam-tracking so achieving world class performance in mmWave data communication.
We endeavour to respond quickly to all applications so if interested please submit your CV with a short covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make it clear if you require any Visa to work in the UK.