Employment Type: Permanent, full-time
Location: Bristol, UK
Reporting to: CTO
Working in the system architecture team on the design, modelling and evaluation of system features of multi-gigabit millimetre-wave wireless communication networks. The network may be deployed for various use-cases, including fixed wireless access and backhaul, V2X communications. The system features may cover layers 1-4 of the protocol stack, for example, MAC scheduling, handover, wide-area mobility.
- Design and specification of system features in layers 1-4
- Modelling as appropriate by emulation or computer simulation
- Evaluation in the lab or in the field
- Participation in collaborative projects, either UK-based or EU-based
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Several years of experience working with IEEE or 3GPP wireless communication systems
- Detailed knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 protocols
- Working knowledge of PHY
- Skilled in high-level programming (e.g. C, Matlab)
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols
- Field trial experience
- Clean driving license
- Previous experience of collaborative R&D
- Detailed radio experience
- Linux knowledge
More About Us
Blu Wireless Technology is disrupting the market with wireless of fibre level performance that is economically smart and reliable! With a strong history in WiGig (IEEE 802.11ad), but identifying the gap in the market, Blu Wireless also provides 5G solutions in the copious unlicensed millimetre wave (mmWave) spectrum band.
Delivering its intelligent System IP to licensees is at its core, but Blu Wireless has much more to offer – with expertise in everything from chip design to module and board design. The Blu Wireless team have engineered a managed approach to the technical challenges faced in mmWave carrier-grade applications such as combatting interference and enabling seamless co-existence.
Trusted partners of the world’s biggest names in telecoms, Blu Wireless works together with their customers to provide complete design, testing, and validation, serving emerging markets in high-speed transport and broadband.
Based in Bristol, reflecting the city’s friendly atmosphere and proud industrial heritage, Blu Wireless has become the leading vendor in this space. Now with a team of eighty employees and a newly opened office in India, Blu Wireless Technology is enabling a new era of gigabit connectivity for all.
We endeavour to respond quickly to all applications so if interested please submit your CV with a short covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make it clear if you require any Visa to work in the UK.